Tips for End Cap Displays
If you’re a retailer, it’s always the right time to add end cap displays. They are proven winners when it comes to boosting sales, so you want to take every opportunity to incorporate them into your merchandise presentation. Well-designed end caps capture your shopper’s attention and when they’re stocked with the right products, end cap displays turn passersby into buyers.
Use end cap displays when you want to:
- Move large quantities of special-purchase merchandise
- Draw shoppers farther into your store, transition shoppers from one aisle to the next and provide an appealing “touch point” along the way.
- Generate immediate interest in the latest merchandise arrivals.
- Increase sales by making maximum use of valuable floor space at the ends of aisles.
- Keep customers in the store longer, and up-sell them by showcasing complementary products within the end cap display, in an adjacent end cap or down the next aisle.
- Reinforce a store-wide promotional theme with relevant merchandise, for holidays, heart-healthy month, etc.
- Keep your store fresh-looking and exciting – customers are always interested in what’s new and what’s a great bargain.
- Feature a particular brand. Depending on what type of products you sell, manufacturers can often supply fully branded, self-contained units with signage, shelving or racks, lighting, etc. all built in. All you have to do is keep it stocked.
- Launch a new product.
- Encourage customers to interact with your merchandise – sampling the salsa or spritzing a test of perfume. Incorporate a video screen for demonstrations or self-serve actions, or use a free-standing kiosk as your end cap, stocking merchandise below and to the sides.